Tuesday, April 8, 2014

One Month!

I always feel a major sense of accomplishment at the one month mark! We made it! And it went by so fast! At one month, Andrew is doing great! He is a pretty good baby. We have been keeping him on an eat-wake-sleep cycle during the day and he is still nursing every 3 hours. At night Brad will give him a bottle around 10 so I can get an extra hour of sleep (yay sleep!) and he will usually go right to sleep after that. He wakes up on his own anywhere between 1:30-2:30 and i nurse him. He is getting better about going right back to sleep until around 5 or 6. He is fussy when he is tired, and between 5-7 and 8:30-10 seem to be his "witching" hours. He is starting to become a bit more active during his wake times, which is fun.

He still likes his mat, his changing table, and his bouncer seat. He likes to sit in the bouncer in the bathroom while I take a shower. I think the combination of the seat, the lights, fan, water, and hair dryer are comforting to him. It's a win-win situation because I get my shower in too! :)

Andrew's one month appointment went pretty good. He weighed 8 lbs, 2.5 ounces (7th percentile), 21 1/2 inches long (45 percentile) and his head circumference was 37.5 cm (56 percentile). The only concerning part was when they examined him, the doctor was a bit concerned with his eyes. She said they weren't constricting much when she shined the light in his eyes. She told me not to stress, but easier said than done! However, since then we have been watching them at home and they are definately constricting in the lights. He also tracks our movement, so that makes me feel better. My gut tells me he is fine, but they will check again at his two month appointment and if it is still a concern, he will see an optometrist. So, we will pray in the meantime!

Here are some pics from his one month "photo shoot." Enjoy!

No comments: