Monday, April 5, 2010

We made it another week!

So motherhood and blogging have not been working out too well :) These past two weeks have been EXHAUSTING! Between being tired and having constant anxiety, I can say that this is the hardest job I have ever had. Thank goodness for family is all I have to say! I truly never thought having a baby would be this hard. My mom has been a lifesaver and has been spending the night several times a week so that I can get caught up on sleep and for some support. Brad's parents came into town this past weekend and spoiled us too! They cooked for us and let us both sleep in the nights. And of course, Brad continues to be so supportive and such a great dad. I really am lucky to have such great support all around me! Thank you everyone, I love you! I can't tell you enough how grateful I am for your help and support. I keep telling myself it will get easier!

John is doing great though. He is a pretty content baby for the most part. He has been really fussy lately in the evenings, between 9-midnight. I have been trying to keep him on an eat-wake-sleep cycle in the days, but sometimes I just can't keep him awake! Then I stress that he won't sleep at night. I think that contributes to his fussy period too. He seems to have discovered his lungs, and he just gets mad! We are still trying to figure out the night schedule/feeding schedule. He usually eats about every 3 hours during the day and 3 1/2-4 hours at night. At least he is usually pretty good about sleeping at night! He is getting bigger, he weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces last week at the dr. We go on the 12th for his one month appointment, so I am anxious to see how much he has gained then.

It's crazy though, no matter how tired or stressed or anxious, all I have to do is look at him and I could stare at him for hours! He is so cute!! I am excited to learn more about him and I just can't wait until he smiles at me!

Here are some recent pictures of our little man...Enjoy!




No comments: