Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and Baby Shower!




Brad and I had a great Thanksgiving. We drove down to IN Wednesday night after Brad got out of work. We were both in such good moods after havng such good results at our ultrasound earlier that day. It was a good start to the weekend!

Brad's family always rents out a hall for Thanksgiving, since the Monhaut family has so many people. I think there were over 45 people there for dinner, so plenty of food to say the least!

We hung out and were able to catch up with some of Brad's friends from high school and their kids on Friday, so it was great to see them. My mother-in-law and I shopped a little, and then got ready for the big party on Saturday.

The shower went great, we were so excited and overwhelmed with everything we got. We got a lot of cute clothes, our jogging stroller, and some great handmade blankets and quilts from Brad's grandma and cousin, among many other things. John even got his first pair of Air Jordan's from his cousins Mason and Jared :) Our car was packed on the way home! It makes it seem so real now that it is actually happening!

I know most of you have seen these on Facebook, but here are a few pics from the shower. My sister took more, so I will add those when I get them...



Allie thinks this is all for her. She jumped back on top of all the gifts on the way home...oh, is she in for a shock in March!

Thanks again Nan and Lisa! It was perfect!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Katie,

I just HATED to miss your shower! We were driving back from visiting Jon's relatives in Ohio that afternoon. It sounds like you had a great time! I'm so glad! I'm just so dang excited for you guys!