Saturday, December 5, 2009

30th Birthdays, Graduation, and end of 2nd Trimester!

This is going to be one busy week coming up. Brad is graduating from MSU with his MBA on Friday, and turns the big 3-0 this Saturday. So, we are having a party on Saturday for the Army/Navy game to celebrate. Which I am very excited for, but am just starting to feel overwhelmed. I think my nesting is starting to happen. Actually, the thoughts are there, but actually doing it all seems overwhelming. My closets are driving me crazy. Right now Brad and I each have a small closet in our bedroom. I also use the large one in the guest room, and Brad uses the other medium size one in what will be the baby's room. Soooo, I need to condense my clothes all into the guest bedroom and Brad will take the two in our bedroom. Have I mentioned that I have a shopping addiction??? Not only are my closets full, but I also have two dressers that are overflowing, and a pile (no, actually a mountain) of clothes in the basement. Oh, and about two or three laundry baskets full of clothes that probably haven't been opened since we moved here from CO two and a half years ago. YIKES! And I want it all organized by Christmas. HA!

Actually, I made good progress last night. I opened my big closet and just started making Goodwill bags. I have already done this, but you know how you find yourself saying, "Oh, I forgot I had that!" or "That's cute, I will DEFINITELY wear that!" or "Oh, I loved these pants...I'll fit back into them again!" Again, wishful thinking. Well, last night I meant business and I made some serious progress. I am so proud. I felt so good that I even went to my other closet, but the minute I opened that I got overwhelmed and decided to wait. So I went to Kohls instead....ha, don't worry, I just bought one shirt for me! :)

So anyways, my mom is going to come over today and help me clean our main floor. I want to move furniture, sweep and mop all the floors, and at least feel like that is somewhat ready for next weekend. The upstairs will have to wait until my break in a few weeks. Brad will clean out his "office" aka the baby's room now that he is finished with school and we can really start some progress there! And that is what I can't wait for!

So, sorry for my rambling, just so much to do. Instead of sitting on the computer, I guess I better get going. Here is a 26 week picture since I didn't post one last week. My last week in the 2nd trimester! Yay! It seems like a far time away still to think 14 weeks, but 3 months is really not that far away! Anyways, more ramblings to come (and hopefully with more progress), so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay, a few things ...

1)Congrats to Brad on finishing his MBA!!! I'm sure you're BOTH pretty excited about that! Jon still has FIVE quarters to go ... ugh!

2) When you are putting all those clothes in goodwill bags, just think how excited someone is going to be who gets all that cute stuff! (Plus it creates so much more room for future purchases!)

3) You look fantastic! Your baby belly is so cute!

Miss you guys ...

Carolina Girl said...

Congrats to Brad on finishing his MBA! Woohoo!

It's nice that he won't have to worry about school when the baby arrives.