Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Progress in the Nursery!

Just a warning, this is a total rambling post and will probably seem very silly!

I wish I was more artistic. I do not have many of those creative, artsy genes in my body. I was wide awake last night from about 2-4 AM worrying. About labor? About how much our life is going to change? About Christmas shopping I still have to do? Nope. I was worrying that the nursery is going to be too green. See, Brad and I made an agreement that we would keep the room the same green to avoid Brad having to paint. Right now the room is green on the bottom half with chair rail molding and white on the top. I like it, but I really want to be able to accent with blues without going overboard. So I have obsessed over finding cute boy bedding that has just enough green, but still says boy. I found the bedding at Pottery Barn, bought it, still love it, and had this great plan to paint name letters for above either the crib or changing table. My goal was to paint the letters green, and accent them with stencils using blue and white, hoping to tie all the colors together. So last night I got out all the materials, began painting, and realized about 1/2 way through that (1) the green is slightly off, (2) they look homemade and not in a good way, and (3) the room still screams green to me. I want everything to tie in together and I know we don't even have anything in the room yet, but I just couldn't envision it all put together.

But today I gave in and bought myself (and John) a Christmas present that I hope will solve it all. I had found these curtains a while back but couldn't really justify the cost of them. But today I reasoned with myself that if it saves me stress (and I found them w/ free shipping and no sales tax), then it is worth it. So, I hope they are everything I am thinking they will be and will tie everything together. Here is a picture of my new purchase:

See, told you this was a silly post! I'm sure once he gets here, the color of the room will be the least of our worries! But for now I am happy! And, Brad finished putting the crib and bookshelves together tonight, so there is progress! Hopefully now I can sleep tonight... :)

No comments: