Friday, February 4, 2011

My Other Baby


Our poor little dog, Allie is being hospitalized tonight. For those of you who know our dog, she is not exactly a calm dog. She is hyper, full of energy, and always there. But we wouldn't have it any other way. Brad and I got her in 2004, when we found out he was being deployed again. I knew at that moment I needed a companion while he was away. Allie was our baby for 6 years, just the three of us. She has been the best dog we could have ever wanted.

On Monday, Brad mentioned that he didn't think Allie was feeling great. I have to admit, I have not been as attentive to Allie as I used to be since John has been born, which is why I am feeling incredibly guilty. So fast forward to Tuesday and she was acting very subdued. She didn't get up when I got home from work and had an accident in the house, which is unlike her. She was actually pretty lifeless the rest of the evening. We decided to call the vet and they had us bring her in late Tuesday night. She had an extremely high fever and so they sent us home with some medicine. Since then, she has been refusing to eat and is having a hard time going to the bathroom. We took her back yesterday for blood work since we can not get her to take her pills and she has been vomiting constantly. Her blood work came back today and showed elevated levels for her kidneys, liver, and white blood cells, and an infection. They decided to hospitalize her for the night to get fluids and antibiotics in her. Poor little dog. She really is a part of our family, and I am praying she will be okay.

Hopefully this will help and she will beat the infection. Please say prayers for our other baby. We love you Allie dog!!!!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Oh Katie! I hope Allie is okay.
Keep us posted!