Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sickies


This picture cracks me up. I caught him mid yawn, but it looks so funny!

Yuck! John has been battling a cold all week. I thought earlier this summer was bad, but this is the real deal. His nose is so stuffy and runny, but he seems to be getting better and better each day. Since my last post, he has been sleeping much better (yay!) and then on Sunday night, he woke up around midnight and was just miserable. I felt so bad for him. You could genuinely see that he didn't feel well and was sick. So, after a rough night, we went to the doctor early Monday. She gave us the okay to give him some Benadryl at night, which seems to help and he was actually much better today.

The reason she said okay to the Benadryl (they usually have to be at least 6 months) was that he weighs so much! At the doctor, he weighed a whopping 18 pounds, 2 ounces! Holy cow! My 13 month old niece only weighs 19 pounds! And he was 27 1/4 inches long! That's 2 inches longer than his 4 month appointment. My little boy isn't so little anymore! She also said he has four (!) teeth coming in on the top. That would make it 7 teeth so far! Crazy!

Even though he has a cold, he has been acting like his happy self and we have been enjoying this last week before I have to go back to work. We had an open house for his daycare last week and it went so well! John played with his primary caregiver while we had the meeting, and when we went to get him, he was playing away, having a good old time. I know it will be harder on me that it will be for him. I am just so grateful that my district has a daycare for us and that he will be close and in good hands. We will get through it! I just can't believe that the summer is coming to an end, and even more so, how fast these last 5 1/2 months have gone by. It seems like it was just March and I was leaving work, anxious for him to arrive. Ah, how time flies. Everyone tells you it will, but you don't really believe it until you experience it.

We took John to the park right down the street last week and he went on the swing for the first time. He just wanted to eat the chain!



I went shopping yesterday and bought John his Halloween costume. He is going to be a monkey. It is so cute! This picture isn't the greatest because it is from my cell phone, but here he is with the head on. I love it!

Well, I hope everyone has a good week. Wish us luck as we head into our first week at daycare next week!

No comments: