Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dear John,

You can come out any time now!

Love,
Mom

No signs of his arrival yet. My doctor only gave me a "gentle" exam on Wednesday, and I was 1 cm dilated and he was still pretty high. This week they said they will be much more aggressive, whatever that means. So we'll see. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that he will be late, which is fine. However, the idea of being two weeks late is stressful. I hope he is at least here by St. Patrick's Day!

My last day of work was yesterday. It feels so weird to think that I won't be at work until June! I have a long list of things I want to get done this week that I didn't get to do over winter break with my back hurting so bad. I want to try to cook and freeze a bunch of meals. Keep the house clean, read, walk, hang out with my sister and Libby, babysit Libby with my mom. Should keep me busy for a little while and my mind off things.

I really don't mean to complain, I have had a very easy and boring pregnancy. But I am starting to get uncomfortable. Mainly at night and am not sleeping well. I know this will only get worse when the baby does come, but at least I will hopefully get an hour or two of GOOD sleep at times. This tossing and turning all night just isn't fun. Not to mention that my dog has decided her new favorite place to sleep in right next to, practically on my stomach. I have a pillow next to me to sort of "prop" up my stomach and she thinks it is for her. Oh, Allie, how your life is going to change!

So nothing too exciting, we are just waiting as patiently as we can. We are so excited though!!!! Hopefully we will have news to share soon!

2 comments:

Ms. Collopy said...

Hi Katie!!!!

The home strech? ! ? No way....

I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy. I bet you are anxious thinking about labor and delivery. Whew! You will do great, I know it.

We are thinking of you all the time out here...

A big box is in the works (might take another couple weeks, but we're on it:).

xo So much love to you all, Annie

Rachel said...

Oh, we are all on pins and needles waiting to hear the good news!

I know you are anxious for the little man to make his entrance, but be sure to enjoy these precious days to yourself now that you aren't working. Get a pedicure. Treat yourself to lunch. Relax in the glider in the nursery and enjoy the anticipation of it all! Try to savor these last few moments of being pregnant ... I promise, you will miss it!

I just can't put into words how excited I am for the two of you! I literally think about you several times a day! In a few months, you and Brad will look back and think, "What did we ever DO without you??"

Hang in there and just try to enjoy it!