Saturday, January 23, 2010

Goodbye Green...


Hello Blue!!!!


I.LOVE.IT!
Yay! Brad primed and painted most of the room on Friday night, and then my Dad came over on Saturday to help with the bottom half. It turned out better than I imagined in my head. Now the fun can begin with putting everything up and getting it ready for baby John! I can't tell you how excited I have been to meet this guy! It is all I think about!

My work threw me a great shower on Friday night. It is so humbling to have so many people being so generous and giving. We are so, so lucky. We were just looking at everything we have in our basement yesterday and were in awe that people bought all of that for us and the baby. We really can't thank everyone enough. My friend and teaching partner Cristen planned so much of my shower, and my friend and other teammate, Michelle, had it at her house, and did such an awesome job with all of the cute little decorations and food. It was a lot of fun! Of course I forgot my camera (I have now forgotten my camera to all 3 of my showers...my father-in-law has had to go back and get it for me at the first two...this last one I was on my own :) But, I will try to get some pictures on Monday.

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my 33 week appointment. Two weeks ago, at 31 weeks, the dr felt his head and assured me he was head down and that he most likely would stay in that position since he will be running out of room to really move. Well, this little stinker is already being a typical boy...he flipped! Well, at least the dr thought so. So now my doctor thinks he is breech, but then reassured me there is still plenty of time for him to flip back around! So hopefully he will be doing some gymnastics in there (it sure feels like he is, so thats good!). I go back on the 4th, then I start going every week, so they will be more concerned next time if he is still in that position. It just makes me nervous, but if I have to have a C-section, so be it. Whatever it takes to get him out so he is healthy and safe. I think the thing that makes me the most nervous is that if they have to schedule a C-section, I have heard they usually do it around 38 weeks...Yikes, that is only about a month away! So, we'll see what happens...

Libby's baptism is today. Brad and I are so honored to be the godparents. I am looking forward to going and having lunch with my family and Doug's family afterwards. I already have my camera packed for this one :)

So that's my weekly baby update...here is a 33 week picture of me.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

YAY! I LOVE the blue and blue! It's looks straight out of Pottery Barn Kids. I'm so glad you went with something you really liked and now you can be excited about it!

And can I just say ... WHO LOOKS THAT GOOD AT 33 WEEKS??!! Gosh! You look absolutely fantastic!!

Jon and I were just talking about you guys last night. We miss you all so much and would just love to see you sometime! Please let us know when you are in South Bend! We are especially excited to meet baby John after he arrives!

XOXO

Carolina Girl said...

Katie! I LOVE the blue! What great shades you picked out. I can't believe you're almost due! You're belly looks great. I agree with Rachel!