Thursday, July 23, 2009

My New Niece!


Elizabeth Helen Smolinski


born July 11th at 5:01 pm.
4 lb, 10 oz, 18 3/4 inches long

Wow, what a crazy couple of weeks. Om Thursday, July 9th, my sister went in for her 34 week check up. Turns out, she had mild preeclampsia which led her straight to the hospital. They were monitering her blood pressure (which was very high) and urine, and around 10 pm they determined it had turned severe. The only way to get rid of preeclampsia is to deliver!

They began giving Jenny magnesium to lower her blood pressure, and began the induction process. My poor sister was so out of it, and it wasn't until after the fact that I really learned how much danger she was in. Scary! I can't imagine what her and Doug were going through. Of course you want your baby to stay in for as long as possible, and the worry about her health, your own readiness, etc. My sister has really amazed me these past couple of weeks. Doug too, I am so proud of them.

On Saturday, July 11, little Elizabeth (Libby) was born! She was/is so tiny!!! It is crazy how much you can love someone right away. I already love being an aunt and I haven't even gotten to hold her yet!

Jenny had to stay in the hospital for about a week, and Libby *might* be coming home today! This is where I am so amazed by Jenny and Doug. For the past two weeks, not being able to be with their daughter at all times, going back and forth to the hospital, breastfeeding, sleeping, etc. I am just so proud of them and it is so cool to see them as parents. They have instantly become mother and father, and it seems so natural for them. I love you Jenny and Doug! You are going to be the best parents, Libby is so lucky to have you!

Here are some pics, I can't wait to see her again at HOME and really get to play with her!

My favorite picture...Libby chillin under the lights, dreaming of being on a beach somewhere. I love you Libby!

No comments: