Friday, July 31, 2009

8 weeks!

So, when we went to the doctor last week, I thought I was 7 weeks, 5 days. Turns out I was only 7 weeks, so I felt like I was stuck there forever! I am so excited to finally be at the 8 week mark! It's crazy how much I worry about everything already. Of course I am trying to stay positive, but you hear of so many people who experience losses in their first trimester and there is always this underlying fear that something like that could happen. But, I am feeling pretty optimistic and excited overall.

I am definately feeling the symptoms, let me tell you! Right about the middle of my 6th week, I started feeling queasy. I haven't gotten sick yet, but the mornings and nights are the worst. I am also noticing how tired I am getting. My chest hurts, I'm cranky, emotional, and just feel yucky about 50% of the time. But at the same time, I am so glad I feel this way because I know it is for a very good reason!

I have been spending a lot of time at my sister's this past week with Libby. She is sooo cute! It makes it even more exciting, especially when I hold her or give her a bottle. I give parents so much credit though. I can't imagine being so sleep deprived and still functioning. Jenny and Doug are doing such a great job though, Libby is growing and getting bigger and bigger each day. It's amazing to see even the changes of her face filling out and learning her different expressions and noises. She is so cute, I just love her so much! Here are some recent pictures from the last week.



I am so happy to have a job where I can be home in the summer. It has been so nice to relax, spend time with family, and just be lazy! I am starting to get ready to go back to work though. I think the next month is going to fly by, which I am excited for. I can't wait to be out of this first trimester, mainly so I can finally tell everyone!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Libby is precious! Try more protein. I had to eat a lot more protein to fight the nausea when I was pregnant. I used Arbonne protein shakes because they are natural, healthy protein bars, Canadian bacon, eggs for breakfast every morning, etc. Maybe it will help!