Monday, May 23, 2011

Spring Fever!

Well, we have definitely been experiencing the typical Michigan weather here. It teases us with some really nice day, then we are hit with cold and rain for a few days. But that's okay, we have been taking advantage of the nice weather when it is here. To say John loves to be outside is an understatement. If we say the word outside, he runs to the front door and points. If we say the word "shoes," he knows this probably means he will go outside, so he will grab his shoes and sit down for us to put them on.

We have had a fun few weeks around here. A lot of playing outside. John and Libby spent last weekend at my parents house while we had an adult getaway, and they had a lot of fun! Brad and I had a lot of fun too, but we really missed our baby!!!

Today John woke up with a fever, so I stayed home with him. I will really be glad when his immune system is better. I feel like he is always sick. But luckily he doesn't really act sick, so we still had a great day today. And is it bad to say that I love the fact that he is a little more cuddly when he is sick? I mean, he usually won't let me just rock with him and read to him for one straight book, let alone 4 in a row today! We went to the dr and they were a little concerned because he was wheezing slightly, and with his pneumonia a few months back, but luckily all was good. A few days of breathing treatments and he should be fine.

In better news, my sister-in-law Lisa won a triathalon series this weekend in Memphis. She placed 1st overall female on Saturday and 2nd overall female on Sunday, giving her enough points to take the overall win! Whoo hoo! We are so proud of you and John is too! We are heading to Lake Placid, NY this summer to watch her compete in her 3rd Ironman! We are so excited to see you in action!

Anyways, I know there is so much more to write, but The Bachelorette premiere is starting (my biggest guilty pleasure) and I am once again about to be sucked into the "dramatic" rose ceremonies and group dates. So I hope everyone has a good week and a great Memorial Day Weekend! I will post lots more pictures after next weekend, I'm sure. We are looking forward to seeing all of our families!

Have a good week!


John and his new slide





Brad competed in a 10 hour adventure race a few weeks ago. He survived and we made it at the end to see him cross the finish line!



My sister, Jamie, and me at dinner



Date night!



Jenny and me





Walking next door to pet the dog





John's new sand and water table



Cold!!!


Trying on hats at Target :)

No comments: