Wednesday, March 16, 2011

John's 1st Birthday Party


John's 1st birthday was so much fun and a big success! Brad's parents and sister came in on Friday, his actual birthday, and my parents, Jenny, Doug, and Libby also came over for dinner to celebrate. With Kruse and Muer, of course :) Our standard celebratory meal :)

On the day of the party, Nan and Lisa helped me to get ready and then the fun began! We had so many people, and Brad and I were once again touched by every one's love and generosity! This is one spoiled and loved kid! He got a slide, a sand/water table, a "Cozy Truck," 2 chairs, sand toys, books, clothes, you name it. And he LOVED playing with the cake. He was such a little ham when everyone started singing...smiling, looking around at everyone. Too cute.

For the party, we had Salsaritas cater the food. It was so good. I would highly recommend them for a party. They delivered it right before the party, there was so much food, and it was very reasonable!

I took him to his 1 year appointment on Monday and at one year he weighs 22 pounds, 13 ounces and was 30 inches long. All of his percentiles were right about 50%. We are going to be weaning him off formula in the next couple of weeks, so whole milk here we come!

I still can't believe he is one year old! He is so much fun. Tonight Brad is at the Red Wings Game, so when we got home we went for a walk to the park (it was 60 degrees today!). It was so much fun. He went on the swings, and was laughing, we went down the slide, and he was walking all over in the sand area. It makes me so excited for this summer.

Well, here are some pictures from his birthday weekend. Thank you to everyone for celebrating with us and making it such a special weekend!

Brad's Uncle Larry made this rocking chair for John...it is SO cute! He loves it!


Pre Party with Aunt Lisa


I had found this banner idea from a friend of a friend's blog, who sent me her template and instructions. I used all of his "Month" pictures and it turned out SO cute! Thanks Heather!!!



This is John's birthday sign from daycare :) Our caregiver, Shelly's, daughter/future babysitter :) made this for him. Thanks Shelby!!! It is so cute and we still have it up!


Our basement with the "Sweets Table" YUM!



Bar decorations

I am liking all this attention!


The cake

John's "Smash Cake" and cupcakes.





Opening gifts...he looks so sleepy here!


Playing with my new toys...I am one lucky boy!




My sister, Doug, and Libby got him this chair. If Brad or I pretend that we are going to sit in it, he marches over and pulls us away and then sits in it. Little stinker!

Thanks for coming to my party everyone!!!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

What a great party!
Turning one is HUGE!!
He's super cute, Katie and you're going to have lots of fun this summer!