Sunday, January 9, 2011

Better Late than Never...


So I have really been neglecting my blog. The past few weeks have flown by and even though we haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary, they have seemed really busy. Probably just getting adjusted back into a routine with work and daycare. I know I never posted about Christmas, and now that I am downloading pictures, I realize I don't even really have that many. Our camera has been taking really blurry pictures lately, and I pretty much gave up on Christmas Eve, and then I forgot my camera at my parents house so we didn't even have it for Christmas morning. But we did have it in time for Indiana, so there are some!

Anyways, John's first Christmas was great. Not that he knew anything, but it was fun for Brad and me. I can't wait until he understands about Christmas and gets into it.

Before I post pictures, I have to brag a little...John took 5 steps tonight!!! He has taken a few steps on his own before, but more on accident. Tonight we were playing downstairs and he was standing up and holding onto the elliptical. I was sitting about 2 feet away from him, and I help out my arms, and he took about 3 steps and then fell into my arms. He was SO proud of himself. So he crawled right back over and did it again...and again...for about 40 minutes. I kept scooting a little farther back and he took about 5 steps on his own at one point. It was so cute. Sometimes he would crawl back, pull himself up, but then start to try to walk before he really had his balance and would fall. We eventually went upstairs and a little while later he was standing against the ottoman. I was across the living room, but he walked about half way to me! He was so happy and proud. It was so cute, I am so proud of him! Brad was at basketball, so he missed it, but we will have to show him tomorrow.

Okay, here are some pictures...I have to start taking more, I have been slacking! I hope everyone has a good week! I have to figure out this video thing to post a video of him taking steps :)

John's 1st Christmas party with our parent group. SO excited to open presents!

Christmas Eve Annual Brunch with college roommates/friends

Christmas Eve...the "kids" table.

Trying to eat his presents

John and Libby on Christmas Eve

"Maybe if I stand on this box, I can get up here...give me a boost Uncle Greg!"

Relaxing with Aunt Lisa

Reading my book. He is really into books right now...at least opening and closing them :)


1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

Hip Hip Hooray!
Way to go John!
They certainly do get excited about their accomplishments.