Monday, November 15, 2010

8 Months and Crawling!


One thing I am realizing as John is getting older...these "cute" little onesie numbers are a pain once babies hit a certain age. This is the first month John has noticed it, so the second I put it on all he wanted to do was try to pull it off. Add that to the fact that he won't sit still anymore, and this is basically what you get:




What a little goof! It has been so much fun to watch John all of a sudden become more mobile. He is crawling like a champ, pulling himself up on anything and everything, and even walking by himself with his walker toy. We had to lower his crib since he can now pull himself up over the side. It is amazing to me how much he has all of a sudden been able to do in a matter of weeks. I went up north this past weekend for a girls weekend of wine tasting (so much fun and relaxing--much needed!). I swear, when I got back, he was crawling so much better than when I left!

We had such a fun trip to Traverse City. It was so nice to relax, dance, drink lots of yummy wine, and catch up with my sister and friends. Up north has such a unique feel, and it was so pretty there. We did a wine tour for the day, and had our own personal limo bus for the four of us...pretty cool. We hit 7 wineries and had lots of fun!

This dog climbed into our limo at one of the wineries...he was so cute!


Speaking of last weekend, my sister-in-law Lisa qualified for Worlds half ironman in Clearwater a while back. It was this past weekend and she placed 7th in her age group! Amazing. She beat her personal best by an insane amount of time. She is incredible. We are so proud of you Lisa! Can't wait to celebrate next weekend!

John is still battling with his ear infections. He just finished up his 3rd round of antibiotics, so we take him back on Thursday and if this didn't do it, then we are off to an ENT. So we'll see! It doesn't seem to bother him too much, but he is still randomly waking up at night crying, and I know that's what it is.

One question for all of you bloggers...any tips on uploading a video from my digital camera? Everytime I try, it loads and loads, but never finishes...I am trying to get a good one for the grandparents of him crawling in action :)

I can't believe it is Thanksgiving next week. Where is time going? I will leave on one last picture that is making me doubt my kitchen choices...what were we thinking when purchasing a bottom freezer with a baby who loves to pull on EVERYTHING?! Have a good week!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG! I love the 8 month pictures!! So hilarious! I don't think I've seen his top teeth before!!

Carolina Girl said...

Those pics ARE hilarious! So funnny.

About the videos...they have to be less than 100MB or it won't work. Even then, it does take a while to load them. The thing that worked the best for me was to change the settings on my camera from a "Fine" video to a "standard" video. The quality isn't as good, but the files aren't as large. When using the "Fine" setting, I could only get like 10 seconds of video before going over 100 MB.
Try looking into that to see if that helps.

I'm jealous of your girls w/e! Looks like a lot of fun!