Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Time!

I am officially on summer vacation! Whoo hoo! Not that I can really complain, I only had to work for a little less than 2 weeks, and it was actually kind of fun to get back and see everyone. Brad's parents came the second week I was at work, which was so nice. THANK YOU!! It was so nice to not have to worry about taking John anywhere in the morning, dinner was ready for us, the laundry and dishes were done...it was awesome, we were very spoiled. Thank you to my mom too, for taking off work the rest of the days and coming over. John loves spending time with his grandparents!!

John is doing good, it feels like he got so much bigger over the past two weeks! He was supposed to have his 3 month pictures taken yesterday, but Emily, the photographer, was sick, so we are rescheduled for next week. In a way it worked out better because I had to work on Monday, so this gives me more time to get his outfits ready, the house ready, etc.

We had a fun weekend celebrating Father's Day. We had a 1st birthday party to go to on Saturday, and then we just hung out on Sunday and went to my aunt's for a barbecue. John got Brad a Dairy Queen ice cream cake and a picture frame. But the best present of all is that John has been sleeping through the night consistently for the last week! Hopefully this doesn't jinx that, because it has been SO NICE! He has been going to bed around 10:00-10:30, sleeping until around 6:00, then he will go back to bed until around 9:00 or so. It has been so refreshing to get more sleep! Way to go John, keep it up!

This week I am going to try to get myself back into shape. I bought an elliptical and Brad set it up last night, so now there are no excuses! I am excited to get back into a work out routine other than walking. I have lost my baby weight, but my body is definitely different now that I have had a baby. So hopefully I get back into a good groove here for the summer. Wish me luck!

Here are a few pictures from Father's Day and this morning. Look at that strong neck! Tummy time is paying off! Have a great week!





No comments: