Saturday, October 17, 2009

Anticipation

My 19 Week Belly Shots



I can't wait until Wednesday!!! We have our big ultrasound scheduled and the anticipation is killing me! It's not just that that is causing me anticipation. It seems like lately, I a constantly find myself up at 3 in the morning thinking. Will it be a boy or a girl? What will the ultrasound pictures look like? What will it be like to REALLY be pregnant? Am I eating too much? Am I not eating enough (HA! Right!)? What will the hospital be like? What should we register for? What is it going to be like with a child in our house? How will the mornings be when I go back to work? Where will we take the baby for day care? What will it feel like to be a parent? How will it be to be working full time with a baby? Who is my substitute going to be? And the list goes on and on.

Brad is getting a little anxious too. He will ask me at the most random times things like, "What happens if you go into labor and I don't get there in time?" "How often does the baby eat? Why so often?" "What is the difference between a pack-n-play and a bassinet?" It's cute :)

So, we are anxiously counting down until Wednesday. I am just as excited to actually see the baby as I am to find out what the gender is. It will all seem so real. Although my expanding stomach over the past few weeks also reassures me its real. I am now wearing maternity pants, I love those things. They are so comfy!

Brad and I are going to a wedding next weekend, so I will get some more "real" pictures of us. I can't believe it's almost November! I went with my sister and Libby last weekend to get her 3 month pictures taken. Here's one I snuck on my phone. The actual ones are so much cuter! She is getting so big, smiles, all the fun stuff! Here are some recent cute ones too...




Well, I will keep you posted on our big ultrasound. We are praying for a healthy and cooperative baby! :)

3 comments:

Ms. Collopy said...

Katie- I can't wait until Wednesday too! You look absolutely fantastic. I love that you are sharing all of your questions and random thoughts- they are great! Keep them coming. Bottom line- you and Brad will be awesome parents.

Love you and miss you- Annie

Carolina Girl said...

I'll be checking tomorrow to find out the results! SOOO exciting!

I agree with Annie...you're going to be great parents!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!!!!! Have fun tomorrow - I always cried it was so beautiful :) Lisa