Saturday, September 26, 2009

3 Weeks, 4 Days...But Who's Counting?!

We had our 16 week appt this past Wednesday and got to schedule our big ultrasound for October 21st! I am SO excited! Brad and I are definitely in agreement that we want to find out the sex of the baby (as long as he/she is cooperative!). I am just as excited to actually see the baby. At our last appointment, the heartbeat was 164, so Brad is convinced it is a girl. I am still thinking boy...one of us will be right!

I have been feeling great lately, other than a nasty cold I had last week. I have a lot of energy, have been exercising, and feel pretty normal. Here is a 16 week picture I took this morning...definitely the start of something!



My latest obsession has been searching for furniture and bedding for the baby's room. I love to decorate and plan decor, so I am very anxious to get started on a new project. We have decided to leave the room the color it is now. When we moved here two years ago, the previous owners had recently turned the room into a nursery. It is painted a light green on the bottom with chair molding in the middle, and then white on top. My friend Jamie and I went out to dinner at Somerset last week, and stopped at Pottery Barn Kids afterwards. I am absolutely in love with their bedding. I know it is on the pricey side, but I think I will have to splurge on this. I am planning on looking on Ebay to see if I can find some of it cheaper as well. Here is what I like so far:



This is the furniture I like (this is not from PBK, it is from Babies R Us). I think I would only get the crib and the dresser that doubles as a changing table. I still am going back and forth between espresso and white furniture. I like white, but the room is not a "white" white, so I am worried about it looking funny. Hmmm, decisions :)

This is the girl bedding I LOVE! You can't see it great in this picture, but the bumper is double sided and the other side is this gorgeous paisley print with pinks, greens, and purples. You can see it on the quilt if you look closely:



I have two boy bedding sets that I like...What do you think? My friend Rachel had this set for her boys, and it was adorable!



But, I also like...



What do you think???

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I vote espresso furniture! I think it will look really good with the green that's in there. :)

Ms. Collopy said...

Hi Katie!

I love the white and the espresso.... I think you'll know when you know the sex!

All of the bedding is adorable too- seriously, all fun, perfect choices.

You look fantastic and I love seeing and hearing about everything. Oh my gosh... 20 weeks is just around the corner- too fun.

Glad you're feeling better all around.
Miss you, xo Annie