Thursday, October 2, 2014

7 Months!


I just am so in love with this little guy. This past month has been huge in terms of his little personality shining. He is generally such a happy boy and his mouth is ALWAYS open! So cute! He loves John and smiles so much everytime he sees him. 

This past month has been busy with getting back to work and getting into our new routine of me working only 1/2 time. I feel so lucky to be able to have the work schedule that I do. It has been my dream and I am so, so grateful it has all worked out! Andrew started his new daycare, but unfortunately we didn't have a great experience. Not anything major to write, but a lot of little things that they didn't do that John's old infant room did do. We were so spoiled with Ms. Shelly and her care and love for John. So, I had to follow my gut and we took him out after 2 weeks. However, everything else fell into place, because we found a wonderful woman who lives near us that runs an in home daycare and she just happened to have a part time opening that fit my schedule. It was meant to be and we couldn't be happer about the switch! He seems to really like there and he naps so well there too, which is a bonus!

This last month Brad and John headed to Indiana for a weekend and Andrew and I stayed behind. Our weekends have been busy with various events, and the weather has been amazing. My sister was in the hospital for the last 3 weeks of the summer and is now at home after surgery in a wheelchair. It has been an adjustment for her, but I am so proud of how well she is adapting and her attitude about it all. Hopefully in another month or so she can go back to using her walker. We had the ALSA walk last weekend and it was an incredible turnout. Makes me so grateful for the amazing family and friends we have. The support has been incredible, and much needed for all of us. I wish our family didn't have to go through this, but we are reminded every day how lucky we are to have so many people praying for us.

Andrew and John both did great at the walk! It is fun now taking Andrew to events and John is such a fun age where he gets so excited over everything! He has been doing so well in preschool. His teacher told me the other day how thoughtful and kind John is. I am so proud of him. 

Andrew is going to give john a run for his money soon though, because he is starting to rock on all fours, so I think he will be crawling soon! He has 7 teeth now (!) and is sleeping pretty good. He goes to bed by 8:00 and then will wake up anytime between 4-6 to eat and will then go back to bed. I am really ready for him to drop that early feeding, but it is still a lot better than waking up 4-5 times a night, so I shouldn't be complaining! He usually takes a 45-60 minute morning nap and a 2 hour nap in the late afternoon. 

He is loving finger foods like puffs, bananas, yogurt bites, and peas. He loves yogurt and fruit too and will eat his veggies, but usually without a lot of excitement! :) He is also getting a lot more hair all of a sudden, so his look is changing. So cute! 

He is actually sick right now. He woke up two nights ago with a temp. Brad stayed home with him on Wednesday and I am off today. He has has just a low grade fever today so we'll see if I need to take tomorrow off or not. Hopefully he feels better soon. He hasn't been his usually happy self. :( 

Well, here are some pics from the past month. Where is time going?!!

First day of school!
First day of preschool! 

Reading with Josie







Andrew had his 7 month (we missed 6 month!) pictures taken a few weeks ago. We got one of John with him too! I will post the rest soon! They turned out great! 

No comments: