Sunday, June 5, 2011

Is it really June??

I can't believe I only have one more week left before summer vacation! I am SO excited! It is going to be a busy week and 2 days of school, but it will fly by. I am so happy that all of the teachers in my district got called back for next year. There will be some exciting changes happening and I am really excited for a new challenge...more on that on a different post.

Last weekend we went to the lake for Memorial Day weekend. It worked out well that we were able to go to Indiana on Saturday for a Monhaut family party so we got to see everyone there. Then we headed back to the lake Saturday night and Brad's parents came on Sunday. The weather was rainy and overcast most of the weekend, but Monday we were able to get John out on the boat for his first pontoon ride. He seemed to like it. At least he didn't cry!







This past Friday was my 31st birthday, so we celebrated by going out to dinner with my parents, Jenny, Doug, and Libby. My mom and dad watched the kids so we went out with some friends. I was so excited for it, but after one glass of wine all I really wanted to do was curl up in my pajamas and go to bed! Am I getting old or what?! I had a very crazy week at work last week and it was one of those weeks where I just kept waking up around 4 am and my mind was racing. So by Friday night I was pretty beat.

We also met up with some friends in our parents group through the hospital this weekend and walked around the Meadowbrook Hall Mansion (SO pretty!) and had some pictures taken by a friend of one of the girls in our group. The grounds were so pretty! This is a very popular local spot for weddings. I have seen pictures taken there, but I have never actually been there. I got a few good shots of Brad and John walking around, and I am so excited to see the family shots she took of us. John wasn't too smiley, but that is probably because he started running another temperature! Poor little guy. He was so exhausted tonight and was in bed by 6:15. My mom is going to stay with him tomorrow and hopefully his fever breaks. I just feel so helpless when he is sick. And I always start to feel guilty for being a working mom when he is sick. I know we are so lucky that my mom can stay with him tomorrow, I just feel bad that it isn't me. Hopefully he gets healthy soon and stays healthy!

Well, here are some more pictures from our trip to Meadowbrook. Hope you all have a good week! Thanks for the all the birthday wishes!









1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

I hope by now he's feeling better now and that you're enjoying your summer now!