Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fun in the Sun

My boys hanging out on Grandpa's pontoon

We had a great time as usual at the lake this past weekend. Every year gets better and better, and this year was no exception. It was fun with John and Libby there-they did GREAT! My sister and I slept in my parents room with John and Libby in their pack-n-plays. I was anticipating long nights, but they were so exhausted, they both slept all three nights.

We swam, laid out in the sun, ate lots of good food, slept, and ate some more :) Brad's parents got to come for the day on Saturday and a bunch of my cousins and aunt and uncles came too. We had a good mix this year! Thanks Mom and Dad for a great weekend!

Brad's mom brought his baptism outfit and it fits perfect! It looks SO cute, I can't wait for him to wear it.

This week is HOT here in Michigan. We have been laying low the past two days in the AC. We actually lost power for about 5 hours last night, so Brad and John slept in the basement. Our upstairs is so hot anyways, and his room is boiling without AC. We have to swaddle him at night, so it was just too hot. He did pretty good though, and the power came back on about 12:30 am so at least today is nice and cool inside.

John has been sleeping good at night, except for that he keeps breaking out of his swaddle. We don't know what to do. He won't sleep long stretches without it, but he wiggles his little arm out and wakes himself up around 3-4 some nights. I have heard that some people leave one arm out, so we might give that a try.

This weekend is my niece, Libby's, 1st birthday! It is so crazy to me that she is already one. Jenny and Doug are having a party on Saturday which will be fun. She was so much fun this past weekend, she is so cute. She is all over the place, smiling, laughing, and having a blast. I can't wait for her and John to actually be able to play together.

John started swimming lessons with Libby last week. He seemed to like it, I think he was a little unsure, but he didn't cry or anything! We go back tomorrow, so we'll see how the second time goes. He was SOOO tired afterwards. He was asleep in the car by the time we left the parking lot at 10:30 and slept until 2! I will try to get some pictures one of these weeks at his lesson. It's so cute!

Well, here are a few pictures from the weekend. Enjoy!

Chillin' in the sun


Miss Libby getting ready for a day in the sun

Libby and John in the pool...Libby LOVED it, John wasn't too sure

Worn out!

John, Brad, and Allie all exhausted

John in his baby Bijorn

No comments: