Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


I feel very lucky today to be able to celebrate my first Mother's Day! John and Brad (and Allie too :) got me flowers and a massage, which was very sweet. My parents and Jenny, Doug, and Libby are coming over tonight for dinner so that will be great too.

Yesterday we went to Canada with my grandma and all of our aunts and uncles. My grandpa passed away one year yesterday so we put his ashed in the lake like he wanted. It was nice to be around everyone but an emotional time for my grandma. We miss you Grandpa, but know you are with us every day!

This week John turns 2 months old! We have his two month appointment on Tuesday, so he will get four shots, not fun! He is getting to be so much fun, making so many noises, batting at things, and so smiley. For Mother's Day for my mom, my sister and I took John and Libby to get their pictures taken. Not easy to try to get a 9 month and 1 month old to look at the camera and sit still at the same time. But we got some cute ones!

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!